ALBAI (RICE HALWA)
- 2 coconuts (only whites grated)
- 1 cup white rice
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- sugar to taste
- Soak rice for 8 hours and grind fine.
- Separately grind the coconut and sieve the coconut milk.
- Mix 2 cups of water with the ground rice and sieve it.
- The sieved rice is mixed with the coconut milk.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Keep stirring on medium flame with wooden ladle constantly.
- Keep adding water little at a time.
- The mixture has to cook on slow flame (typically how it is done for any halwa).
- This process should take between 30-45 minutes.
- Test the halwa by dropping a small piece into a cup of water.
- If the halwa holds firm and does not dissipate, then pourthe mixture into a greased plate.
- Let it cool, cut into pieces for serving.
Leave a Reply