BAMBOO SHOOT CURRY
- ½ Kg bamboo shoot sliced
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 onions sliced
- 6-8 garlic flakes cut up
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon jeera powder
- 2-3 tablespoon ground coconut
- 2 red chillies
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seed
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 2-3 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat oil in deep pan.
- Put mustard seeds and curry leaves to splutter in hot oil.
- Add garlic and red chillies.
- Add onions and keep frying.
- Put the rice powder and mix with the rest of the masala in oil.
- Fry the masala for a little longer on medium heat before adding the bamboo shoots.
- Add the ground coconut and mix well.
- Add 1-2 glasses of water, mix and cover for few minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook for little longer, till gravy is slightly thick. Check for salt and pungency.
shivachaliyanda B subramani says:
September 15, 2014 at 12:55 pm
I am very glad to write you because I am serving in J&K, far away from my coorg. Here I fetched few bamboo shoots in the jungle, but preparing Baimbale curry is very difficult to me, then I searched for the receipe at google and found it. Thank you very much for this post.