- 1 kg chicken
- 2 onions sliced
- ½ coconut ground
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 green chillies ( ground with the coconut )
- 4-5 red chillies
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or 2 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 700ml water
- Clean, cut, wash the chicken.
- Mix with salt and turmeric and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Add the ground garlic and onions.
- Add the ground coconut, jeera powder and coriander powder.
- Add the chicken and fry till the chicken is brownedon all sides.
- Add the water mix well, cover and cook till the chicken is done.
- Uncover cook till the gravy is slightly thick.
Serves 4 persons