Cheeranda Yeffna Poonacha
Basmati Rice: 2 cups ,
Water: 3-1/2 cups ,
Eggs: 6 ,
Garlic Paste: 1 tsp.
Green Chilli (thin-sliced): 2 ,
Cloves: 2-3 ,
Black Pepper: 6-7 ,
Bay Leaves: 2 ,
Brown Cardamom: 1 ,
Green Cardamom: 2 ,
Red chilli powder:1 tsp.
Coriander Powder:1 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder:1 tsp.
Cinnamon Sticks (thin):3-4 (1/2 inch each) ,
Cumin seeds:1 tsp.
Vegetable Oil:4 tbsp.
Salt to taste ,
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Heat oil (3 tbsp.) in a pan. Add cumin seeds, green and brown cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, black pepper and the bay leaves. Fry for a minute. Reduce the heat.
2. Add sliced onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and fry until light golden brown.
3. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
4. Add rice and water. Stir well. Cover it and cook for 20 miutes on medium heat. Slowly make the rice upside down once, while its getting cooked.
5. Meanwhile keep three eggs for boiling.
6. Take the remaining three eggs and beat in a bowl. Add salt to it and beat again.
7. Heat oil (1 tbsp.) in a pan. Pour the beaten eggs. Continuously stir it and cook until golden brown.
8. Cut the boiled eggs into rings (thin slices). Arrange in the corners of the serving dish plate.
9. Once you are done with the rice, add the scrambled eggs to the rice and slowly mix it taking care that you do not break the rice grains.
10. Put the rice in the centre of the dish plate.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.