KULEPUTTU ( STEAMED JACKFRUIT CAKE)
- 1 cup pulp of jackfruit or banana (very ripe fruit)
- 1 cup broken rice rava (Bansi variety)
- 2 cups jaggery liquidized
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder p.s(cup measure to remain constant in size)
- 50-80gms coconut cut up into small bits
- ¼ teaspoon cooking soda
- banana Leaves cut into 6′x 6′ pieces
- Wash the rice rava.
- Run the pulp through a sieve.
- Mix the rice rava and soda with the pulp and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Later mix this well with jaggery, salt and cardamom.
- Pass the banana leaves over a flame for a few seconds on both
- sidesto make it more pliable.
- Onto each leaf pour 4 Tablespoons of the rava mixture and garnish with coconut bits.
- Fold the banana leaf over the mixture and fasten with toothpicks.
- Like wise with the remaining pieces of banana leaf.
- Pile up the folded leaf strips filled with rava mixture in a shallow vessel and steam for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with the banana leaf.
- Apply a little ghee before eating.
Meena joshi says:
September 29, 2014 at 7:38 am
I find Sharada ‘s recipe extremely well written. They are easy to follow and she gives good tips. Have tried her recipes and am really happy.
Nuha Khan says:
May 17, 2017 at 7:51 am
Thank you for this wonderful recipe .