Nellira Liril Machaiah , a certified soft skills trainer, currently heads the Learning and Development Function at Infinite Computer Solutions, Bangalore. She is interested in exploring life’s mysteries, in pursuit of finding life’s purpose!
Liril shares her grandmother Gubbi Subamma’s quick and easy recipe for pancakes. These pancakes are perfect as a snack with a cup of tea, or as a dessert. Enjoy them the old fashioned way, or dress them up with chocolate sauce if you like.
- Maida – 1 Cup
- Coconut – ½
- Sugar to taste
Method of preparation:
- Put the maida in a bowl and mix it with water until it gets to the consistency of dosa batter. Set aside.
- Grate the coconut into a bowl, add sugar to taste and mix well.
- Heat a flat pan or griddle, lightly grease it, then pour enough of the batter to make a thin pancake by swirling the pan.
- Cook on low heat until it is done. Cook on one side only.
- Once it is cooked, flip onto a plate and let it cool. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- When they pancakes are all done and cooled, place a spoonful of the coconut mixture in the centre of each one and fold up the sides to make a roll.
- Keep the lighter side of the pancakes on the outside for a more delicate appearance.
- And your yummy pancakes are ready to eat!
Leave a Reply