Fry up some chakkulies for a rainy evening snack! Cheranda Nali Appayya shares her recipe.
- ½ cup fried Bengal gram
- ½ cup black gram
- 2 cups rice flour
- ½ cup thick coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon jeera
- ¼ teaspoon of gingelly (sesame seed)
- 5 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Roast fried Bengal gram and black gram, then grind to a powder.
- Boil the water.
- Add coconut milk, salt, rice flour and fried bengal gram flour and black gram flour.
- Cook it until it is thick.
- Remove from fire and pour the mixture into a plate.
- Add salt, jeera and sesame.
- Knead the mixture.
- Press portions of the dough through a chakkuli press onto a paper covered surface.
- Fry them to a golden brown.
- When cool, store them in an air tight container.
Leave a Reply