Formerly an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at Manipal Institute of Technology, Nivedita Kaveriappa Muddiyada (in picture) is a foodie who loves to try new dishes.
Now working in the US as a Director of Engineering for a startup, Nivedita finds using idli rava a handy alternative when traditional thari for kadambut is not available.
Idli Rava Kadambut
- Idli Rava – 2 cups
- Water – 4 cups
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a saucepan, mix idli rava, water and salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Mix well until the rava and water start to come together.
- Lower the heat to simmer and add the ghee.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes like a dough.
- Remove from the heat and prepare small balls.
- Steam the prepared balls in a steamer.
- Kadambut is ready to serve
Leave a Reply