PANDHI CURRY ( COORG PORK CURRY )
- ½kg Pork ( preferably with bones) cut into medium size pieces
- ½ Teaspoon Kachampuli or 1 ½ tablespoon vinegar or fresh lime
- 1-2 teaspoon saltp
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
Masala 1: Roast the following ingredients on a medium flame to a very dark colour and grind together. 1 teaspoon jeera ¼ teaspoon fenugreek 2 tablespoon black pepper 1 tablespoon coriander.
Masala 2: To grind the following ingredients: 2 onions sliced 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon ground garlic 6-8 Green chillies 1 Small bunch coriander leaves (keep a little for garnishing)
- Put the pork in a pressure cooker, mixing both the masalas.
- Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Add the turmeric, salt and chilli powder.
- Add half cup water, cover and pressure cook till done.
- Uncover lid, add the Kachampuli and cook for 2-3 minutes, till the gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serves 3 persons
Leave a Reply