PAPUTTU ( STEAMED RICE CAKES )
- 250gms thick rice rava
- 500gms water
- 200gms milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 50gms grated coconut ( white only )
- Mix well the water, milk, sugar and salt together.
- Wash the rice rava and divide it into 2 portions.
- Put 1 portion each into a plate.
- Divide the water mixture equally and pour into each plate containing the rice rava, spread equally.
- Sprinkle grated coconut over the rice mixture and steam for 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into triangles (like a pie)
Makes approximately 16 pieces.
Paputtu and Chicken Curry make a good combination.