RICE ROTIS (OTTI)
- 250gms raw rice
- 750ml water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250gms rice flour
- Cook rice in the water with salt.
- Spread the cooked rice on a kneading plate or thali.
- Knead the rice with the rice flour, adding little at a time.
- Make into dough.
- Roll on a little flour to prevent sticking.
- Make small balls and flatten in a chapatti press between two plastic sheets wiped with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove the roti, put it on a hot tawa for about a minute.
- Turn the roti over and keep for little longer.
- Turn it over again, remove and place the roti on direct heat/flame.
- The roti will puff out well. Careful not to burn.
Approximately 12-14 rotis
Rice rotis go well with all curries, especially bamboo shoot curry.