KADMBUTTU (STEAMED RICE DUMPLINGS)
- 250gms fine rice rava
- 750ml water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Wash rice rava and mix with the measured water.
- Put this into a deep vessel and cook on medium flame.
- Add salt and water, stir with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir all the time till the mixture resembles a soft dough, making sure not to burn the dough.
- Turn off the flame and cover for 5 minutes.
- Spoon out a little of the dough on a plate.
- In a small bowl of water add 2 drops of oil.
- Dip finger into this mixture and rub onto both palms.
- Take approximately 1 tablespoon of the hot dough and roll into a smooth round ball.
- Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Place the Kadambuttus in a vessel and cover with muslin cloth and steam for 20-25 minutes.
Makes approximately 20-25 Kadmbuttus.
Kadmbuttus go well with Pandhi Curry